Dec 30, 2010

Living in their own little world

These two kids have a pretty wild imagination, and it seems like they think about candy and sweets a lot. I took them out to a local trail nearby our house and while we were walking, I asked them if they could live on their own planet what would it be like.

Kristin: Our planet would be called Kaykris, otherwise known as Candyland. It would be a purple planet.

purple_planet_01

Kristin: There would be no bugs.
Kayla: YEAH! Only butterflies.

purple_planet_02

Kayla: The grass would be purple. The sky is made out of cotton candy and the clouds are made out of marshmallows.

purple_planet_03

Kristin: Houses would be made out of gingerbread and cars would be made out of gummy bears.

purple_planet_04

Kristin: I would be the princess, and Kayla would be the Queen.

purple_planet_05

Kayla: Our clothes would be made out of fruit roll-ups : )

purple_planet_06

Kristin: If you steal something, you would go to jail.

purple_planet_07

Sounds like my kind of planet, where can I buy my ticket to Kaykris!

18 comments:

  1. how precious :) love children and there unpredictable imaginations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfectly precious. I want to live there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i guess if there are no bugs except for butterflies, candies all over the place wouldn't be a problem. they are such wonderful explorers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sound like the perfect place for me!
    Wish you wonderful and healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful they are...

    happy new year to the sisters, the dad and the mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to live there! Cotton candy clouds? Im sold!

    Love the photos, you have such a talent with light.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So appreciate your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your daughters are beautiful, your photography amazing. You inspire me to get back into photographing the one thing I truly love (my daughter).

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute. I wanna live there too. Cotton candy, gummy bears... please invite me there too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is AMAZING you are AMAZING!!! What beautiful children.... whant wonderful photogrpahy. I am inspired!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. just discovered your work today. so inspirational...your girls are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, what a wonderful world! I think I'll bring my little one there, today...Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. all these pictures are so cute and precious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous9:12 PM

    I found your blog through My Modern MET.

    This is the sweetest thing I've seen in a while! Your pictures are so crisp!
    Kaykris, sounds like my place to live! Very well thought out, from the environment to the judicial system and hierarchy. Innocently imaginative.
    Great blog all around!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. yes, i'd like to live there too!
    these girls are so beautiful and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous10:42 AM

    Great pictures! Makes me want to make (even..) more pictures of our daughter (she's also from China)!
    How did you do the lighting? With one flash & underexpose the background a bit?
    Gr., Carool (The Netherlands)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kristin is becoming such a beautiful young lady and Kayla's cute as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  18. silentboi6:13 AM

    I love your this last photo...really nice...you inspired me to take photos of my kids in future when I have my own..

    ReplyDelete