May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

How the K's spent Memorial Day:

We started the day off with a visit to their favorite breakfast spot, Starbucks, where they each got chocolate milk and vanilla scones.

IMG_5417

We then went to visit our construction site. So far, all they have done is lay the foundation. Framing is supposed to be started this week.

IMG_5421

We then headed to the annual Art & Wind Festival where Kristin got her face painted for the first time.

IMG_5455

She was pretty proud of herself, given the fact that she has always been scared of getting her face painted.

IMG_5460

Kayla was just in observation mode, checking any and everything out:

IMG_5479

She was super excited when she saw all the kites flying in the sky.

IMG_5541

Towards the end of the festival, they had a 'candy drop', where a kite was flown in the sky and candy was dropped on the field from the kite. Poor Kayla, she was the last one on the field.

IMG_5563

Kristin was kind enough to share some of her candy with Kayla though.

IMG_5568

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I was sent over her by the Stobist :D Could I ask how you get the dark around the photo on the second to the bottom? Camera or photoshop? I'm learning :D Great photos! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Avery,

    Thanks for comment. The vignette was applied in post using the vignette tool in Lightroom.

    Cheers,

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayla in observation mode~~~~~ again, her facial expression, really very adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm a seventeen year old girl from Australia and I just had to tell you that I was moved to tears by this post. I have a little sister of my own and this recording of your daughters reminds me of us. Thank you

    ReplyDelete